What is Read the Book Club?
We started Read the Book Club when my friends and I realized that all of our book clubs eventually descended into a drink wine and eat tortilla chips club. While I am HERE for that club, this club is devoted to a literary discussion. The only rule: Read the Book!
Read the Book Club: Lincoln in the Bardo
For November, we read Lincoln in the Bardo. We had a fall themed lunch menu, which included roasted brussel sprouts, an apple fall salad, chocolate chipped cookies, and apple cider.
Questions for Virtual Book Club: *Spoilers*
1) Lincoln in the Bardo won the Man-Booker prize. Was this surprising to you? Do you think it was the best book written in English this year?
2) How did you adapt to the different style of the citations versus the narrative?
3) Can any people experience the the same situation and come away with the same truth--see the historical writing about the weather.
4) How do you think Saunders handled race and slavery in the Civil War?
5) Why do you think children are treated differently in the Bardo?
6) Did you have a favorite ghost? Why?
Buy Lincoln in the Bardo: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01FPH2N0C/ref=dp-kindle-redirect?_encoding=UTF8&btkr=1